Marketing & PR Executive
An exciting opportunity for a Marketing & PR Executive to join the HSR Team
9 August 2019
Hamilton Specialist Referrals (HSR) is a state-of-the-art, independent orthopaedic and neurology specialist veterinary referral hospital, five minutes from J4 of the M40, Buckinghamshire. We offer the most cutting-edge investigations and treatments into orthopaedic and neurological disease in small animals. As part of our structured growth plan we are now looking for a full-time Marketing & PR Executive to join our friendly and efficient operational support team.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player, but is also self-motivated, proactive and able to work using their own initiative. The ideal candidate must be willing and able to work with key stakeholders and external agencies to plan and execute our marketing activities, ensuring we remain aligned to our brand.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must. Experience of working in a veterinary environment is desirable, but not essential. However, confidence around cats and dogs and a keen interest in the veterinary industry is vital.
The role is 40 hours a week with varying 8-hour shifts predominantly Monday – Friday, 8am-8pm. Some out of hours work will be required to cover events, exhibitions and key events at the hospital.
Main roles and Responsibilities
The aim of this role is to design and implement a compelling marketing strategy that excites our clients and colleagues.
General Marketing Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with both external agencies & key stakeholders
- Ensure brand guidelines are adhered to in all marketing activities and across the hospital premises
- Manage annual timeline for planned marketing activities
- Create content for publications e.g. newsletters, brochures, flyers
- Create digital content - video editing, publication design and photography
- Ensure timely website updates and refresh content regularly
- Assist with organisation and attendance at CPD, exhibitions, tradeshows and other events
- Research & report on competitors marketing activities
- Demonstrate and report on increased ROI from targeted marketing activities
Social Media Responsibilities
- Develop & implement engaging social media campaigns
- Create content following interesting patient stories and case studies
- Devise creative & innovative ideas for social media posts
- Ensure a proactive & regular social media presence
- Create and maintain blogs and vlogs
- Develop a proactive communications strategy, objectives and framework
- Develop a PR plan which maximises exposure in local and national markets
- Oversee external agency PR campaigns and press releases
The Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge of the ever-evolving social media landscape and passion for the medium
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an eye for grammar and accuracy
- A positive attitude and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality of work
- Ambitious and self-starting with the ability to identify creative new approaches
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, agencies and colleagues
- Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with key stakeholders and external agencies
- Outstanding attention to detail, accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience and proven track record
- Level 4 CIM qualification or above
For the right people we provide:
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare and monthly wellbeing allowance
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Unlimited career development opportunities
- On the job training and development and access to external expertise
- CPD Allowance
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
If you are a team player wanting to make a difference, looking to work in a fun and nurturing environment with great training, development opportunities and a strong focus on employee well-being then we want to hear from you.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and supportive team, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org