Kennel Assistant - Nights
As part of our structured growth plan we are now looking for a Night Kennel Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team in assisting the nurse auxiliary team and ward nurses with their tasks, ensuring our patients are given gold standard care, keeping the practice stocked up, clean and tidy.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must. Previous experience owning or looking after animals is essential.
Working a 4 night on/8 off rota, the role would include assisting with the nursing of referral inpatients and out of hours emergencies.
Applicants must have a love of small animals. You must be a team player as our Kennel Assistants play a key role in supporting our specialists, interns and nurses in looking after our patients at our busy hospital. You must be willing and able to clean to high clinical standards to help maintain our high standards of infection control and be eager to assist the nurses with our inpatients’ care, exercise, feeding and hygiene too. Full training will be provided to the successful applicant. Please note, candidates must be able to work in the UK independently, as we are not able to offer visa sponsorship.
This role would be ideal for someone looking for career progression in the veterinary industry in a nurturing and fun environment.
For the right person, we will provide:
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare, gym membership, sports massages and twice weekly fresh fruit deliveries
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Regular team socials
- Private health care plan
- CPD Allowance
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- A welcoming, friendly and educational working environment
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and supportive team, please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org