We are looking for a resilient and collaborative team-member to join us as our Pharmacy & Lab Technician Assistant. The ideal candidate must have the required qualifications, but also must prioritise effective communication, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be able to take initiative. Sound like you?
General responsibilities include:
• Stock control
• Stock takes
• Point of contact for nursing team with running lab samples, stock control and dispensing medication
• Dispensing medication
• Following SOP’s and legal guidelines
• Assisting the lab and pharmacy technician
• Running lab samples
• Maintaining the lab machines
• Attending rounds with Clinical Team
• Ensure SOP’s are followed in regard to drug handling, storage and dispensing etc
• Keeping stock control and levels organised
• Organising lab samples
• Keeping hospital tidy by unpacking orders in a timely fashion.
• Work with the pharmacist and lab technician to order all consumable and drug stock
• Stock rotation
• Ensuring stock stored safely
• Maintaining stock levels
• Assist with stock takes
• Assist in dispensing drugs under veterinary instruction for inpatients and current patients
• Assist nurse practitioners with ordering of surgical instruments and equipment as required.
• Maintain the lab machines performing quality control testing and general upkeep and cleaning of lab
• Run lab samples
• Organise external lab samples
• Ensure adequate stock of lab consumables and equipment
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- 1+ years’ experience as a Nurse Auxiliary.
- Experience as an SQP/Pharmacy Assistant or in the veterinary industry.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision & as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and supportive team, please apply by emailing email@example.com