Type: Full time, permanent
Department: Diagnostic Imaging
As part of our structured growth plan, we are recruiting for a Radiographer Assistant to join our Advanced Imaging team.
Our surgical, neurology, internal medicine, oncology and cardiology services are well established and facilities include onsite 1.5T MRI, CT, electrodiagnostics and fluoroscopy.
There is strong emphasis on staff wellbeing as well as clinical excellence, and we are seeking a team member with excellent interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and the ambition to fulfil their potential in a feel-good working environment.
Experience of working with animals is not essential, though is desirable.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
Main roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the nurse/senior nurse manager in the running of the clinical floor.
- Carry out modality specific imaging procedures (operating CT, x-ray +/- MRI machines) to best practice standards after appropriate training.
- Cleaning and turning around clinical rooms between examinations and helping with efficient throughput of patients.
- Assisting nurses or interns to restrain patients for ultrasound examinations.
- Assisting the radiologists in the processing of biopsies and other laboratory samples, and assisting with drainage procedures (after appropriate training)
- Together with other support staff help with the maintenance and servicing schedule of imaging equipment
- Ordering and restocking consumables and equipment
- Maintaining clinical standards
- Liaising with nursing and anaesthesia teams as well as members of the imaging department
What we offer
For the right candidate, we can provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance and relevant membership fees paid
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits including monthly wellbeing allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare contribution and twice-weekly fresh fruit deliveries to the practice
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Regular team socials
If you are a team player wishing to make a difference, who aspires to work in a fun and nurturing environment with professional support, development opportunities and a strong focus on employee wellbeing, then we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org