As part of our structured growth plan, we are recruiting for a Radiologist to join our Advanced Imaging team. The imaging team is supported by an experienced radiographer and a dedicated team of nurses and technicians. Hospital workflow is managed by a Workflow Manager to facilitate smooth liaison between departments. We are a close-knit community of clinicians who enjoy working together to provide a very high standard of treatment and care for our patients.
This is an exciting opportunity for a residency trained Board eligible or Boarded Diagnostic Imager to be part of a busy and dynamic clinical team in a beautiful part of the country. Diagnostic imagers work closely with our clinicians, participating in decision making and management of cases to provide an exceptional standard of care.
We are a flexible practice open to accommodate working patterns to suit the right applicant.
About the role
Core responsibilities include:
- Perform ultrasounds scans for patients over all disciplines.
- Take samples and communicate to the nursing team to ensure they are sent off.
- Communicate and work with specialist consultant team when reviewing patient imaging and providing advice about clinical care and findings.
- Support the imaging department on achieving the best images possible for gold standard patient care.
- Provide routine and emergency ultrasound imaging for dogs and cats ensuring prompt and effective communication with other departments.
- Provide routine and emergency reports of advanced imaging findings.
- Ensure that patient and practice records are complete and accurate.
- Help to maintain general imaging records and EasyVet PACS system
- Participate in in-clinic training of Veterinary Nurses and lay staff with regard to imaging techniques and radiation safety
High level of interpersonal skills
Ability to work without supervision & as part of a team
Excellent time management
Ability to multi-task
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Attention to detail
Adaptable in fast paced, ever-changing environment
Flexibility & adaptability
Initiative & taking ownership
Technical expertise & professionalism
Drive for excellence
What we offer
For the right candidate, we can provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance and RCVS fees paid
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits including monthly wellbeing allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare contribution and twice-weekly fresh fruit deliveries to the practice
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Regular team socials
How to apply
If you are a team player wishing to make a difference, who aspires to work in a fun and nurturing environment with professional support, development opportunities and a strong focus on employee wellbeing, then we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com