As part of our structured growth plan we are looking for an additional part-time Weekend Client Care Assistant to join our friendly and efficient front of house team.
As part of the HSR Client Care Team you will be the first point of contact for all our clients and referring vets, both on the telephone and face to face, as well as assisting with all types of administration duties. We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to self-motivate. Client care experience, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task are a must. Experience of working in a veterinary environment is essential. Please note, candidates must be able to work in the UK independently, as we are not able to offer visa sponsorship.
Reason for the Role
To be the first point of contact for clients and referring vets both on the telephone and face to face providing an outstanding client experience at all times.
Working closely Specialists, RVN and Operational Support Team. Key Accountabilities Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Answering all incoming telephone calls in a prompt and friendly manner, dealing with queries from clients and referring vets
- Manning front desk, greeting clients upon arrival and monitor waiting times
- Ensuring clients are suitably updated while waiting and offered refreshments.
- Ensuring any messages taken are clear and concise and passed on to the relevant person in a timely manner. Following up on any such queries to ensure prompt response to clients
- Ensuring the consulting diary is effectively and appropriately organised
- Maintaining clear and accurate records at all times and
- Monitoring incoming emails; replying to, filtering, and filing as appropriate
- Continuous training on system knowledge (EasyVet training)
- Keeping the reception and waiting room area clean and tidy during the working day
- Demonstrate flexibility and support in covering for other Client Care and Operational Support Team Members during holidays and other absences, including Weekends
- Ensure all referrals added to the system accurately and completed within 12 hours of receipt or followed up until completed within 3 days
- Ensuring that clinical history, lab reports and radiographs (if available) have been received from referring vet for each new referral, prior to the patient’s appointment
- Make sure clients receive the appropriate paperwork prior to their appointments e.g. consent forms and information literature.
- Ensuring requested patient videos are received and added to files prior to appointments
- Prioritising and efficiently organising emergency referrals with specialists and senior RVNs
- Assisting with any client complaints, taking accurate notes, and escalating according to the Client Care Manager and Operational Support Manager
- Processing of deposits and payments
- Assisting with billing, invoicing & cashing up end of day totals crosschecking payment alongside cashbook
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients to ensure the smooth running of accounts
- Assisting with the debts of clients and insurance companies, ensuring timely payments are made, processing incoming funds, reconciling invoices, resolving account queries, and assisting with debt recovery and processing refunds.
- Informing owners about the insurance process on first contact call.
- Obtaining insurance policy details and escalating to the Compliance Manager or Operational Support Manager for approval, if so, acquiring a signed claim form and direct claim agreement from direct claim clients
- Acquiring non-direct claim forms from clients
- Collecting parcels and post from delivery drivers and informing office team when they have arrived, for them to collect and distribute.
- Sorting and scanning of clinical paperwork for office team to file
Assisting with general reception and admin duties as required, to include:
- Ensuring all details are correct prior to submission
- Chasing insurance companies to ensure timely payments are made for direct claims
- Liaising with specialists for responses to insurance queries and submit letters to contest insurance decisions
- Sending specialist letters to referring vet practices and clients
- Sending specialist discharge instructions to vet practices and clients following treatment at HSR
We can offer:
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare contribution, monthly wellbeing allowance and twice weekly fresh fruit deliveries
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience - starting salary of £22,500 per annum.
- Regular team socials
- CPD Allowance
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and supportive team, please apply by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org