Type: Full time, permanent
As part of our structured growth plan we are looking for a HR Advisor to join our friendly and supportive Operational Support Team.
Hamilton Specialist Referrals (HSR) is a state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary specialist veterinary referral hospital. We deliver world-class, exemplary clinical services, with a clear focus on the people that make that a reality. By nurturing our workforce we are able to offer the very best services to the pets entrusted into our care as well as to their owners.
As part of our structured growth plan we are looking for a HR Advisor to join our friendly and supportive Operational Support Team. The HR Advisor will work in a team of 3 to support the hospital with core generalist HR skills and resource, support and contribute to continuous improvement of HR and business processes and initiatives and ensure that HR is a friendly, approachable, support function promoting fair treatment, employee wellbeing and aligned with the hospitals values. The ideal candidate will have previous experience and a keen interest in Employee Relations and Payroll.
Successful candidates will have at least 3 years’ relevant professional experience and proven track record, a strong knowledge of HR processes, systems and current legislation, as well as a CIPD level 5 or equivalent HR qualification.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing core HR skills with a focus on ER and payroll
- Managing and delivering HR projects and initiatives
- Supporting monthly payroll by ensuring all joiners/leavers & changes are input into the payroll system accurately and in line with the published payroll deadlines, including transfer to a new payroll system
- Proactively keeping up to date with current and future legislation and best practice, and providing support and advice to team on employee relations and employment law
- Providing first line HR support across the business, including creating, reviewing and updating practice policies
- Preparing and reviewing formal HR documentation such as contracts, job descriptions
- Providing support in managing the full employee life cycle from recruitment stage
- Being an advocate of the HSR culture, ensuring that the values are upheld and that the culture is maintained
For the right people, we provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- Wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare allowance, monthly wellbeing allowance, health cash plan and twice weekly fresh fruit deliveries
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Relevant membership fees paid
If you are a team player wishing to make a difference, who aspires to work in a fun and nurturing environment with professional support, development opportunities and a strong focus on employee wellbeing, then we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com