Are you interested in further developing your career in referral nursing? Do you want to be part of a specialist multi-discipline referral centre? Do you enjoy working in a small, friendly and fun team?
As part of our structured growth plan we are now seeking an experienced Ward Lead RVN to join our passionate, friendly and supportive wards team. The role will be based in our state of the art kennels and cat wards, nursing patients from all services. We are looking for an RVN with proven experience working in wards at referral level.
Main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Supporting the Senior Nurse Manager RVN in the smooth and effective running of wards
- Escalating any queries or concerns from the ward team to the Senior Nurse Manager (or Nurse Manager in their absence) in a timely manner
- Ensuring all paperwork is fully completed by the Ward team
- Assisting in training new joiners to the Wards team
- Providing support and training for Nursing Auxiliaries and Student Nurses
- Proactively encouraging the ward team to work collaboratively and effectively
- Regularly revaluating the day’s priorities as the caseload varies, alongside the Senior Nurse Manager
- Ensure all paperwork is completed fully and that the practice management system is kept up to date
- Liaise with theatre co-ordinator to ensure theatre slot times etc,
- Ensure patient inflow and outflow is efficient
Providing nursing care to all patients within the hospital.
If you are a team player wanting to make a difference, looking to work in a fun and nurturing environment with great training, development opportunities and a strong focus on employee well-being then we want to hear from you. We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
For the right people, we provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance and RCVS & BVNA fees paid
- Regular, free, in-house CPD from our world renowned specialists
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- Wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare contribution, gym membership, sports massages and twice weekly fresh fruit deliveries
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Regular team socials
If this sounds like the place for you, please apply by emailing your CV & cover letter to email@example.com