Hamilton Specialist Referrals are looking for a Head of Soft Tissue to develop the soft tissue surgery service in our state of the art multi-disciplinary hospital. We are a close-knit team with industry leading clinicians who work collaboratively to provide gold standard treatment and care for our patients, their owners and our referring vets.
Our orthopaedic, neurology and anaesthesia services are well established and our recent internal medicine and cardiology disciplines are already developing in to recognised services. Facilities include onsite 1.5T MRI, CT, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, surgical laser, endoscopy and bronchoscopy equipment. You would be supported by a dedicated and experienced Soft Tissue Nurse Practitioner and there is a well-developed team of interns and residents in place. The Head of Soft Tissue Service will play a key role in driving clinical standards across the discipline and hospital to deliver clinical excellence.
We are immensely proud of our culture at HSR and the successful candidate will not only be looking to further the clinical elements of the soft tissue service, they will also be passionate about reinforcing our culture of compassion, clear communication and team collaboration. We have a strong emphasis on staff wellbeing and we are seeking a team member with excellent interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and the ambition to fulfil their potential in a feel-good working environment. This is a full-time position working 40 hours over 4 days per week.
This will be an exciting and varied position where you will balance clinical and leadership responsibilities. You will represent the soft tissue service both internally and externally and will work alongside Senior Management and key stakeholders to assist in directing the strategy of the department in alignment with the operational needs of the hospital. The role will include working to deliver a commercially sustainable service, supporting and working with the wider referral division teams in the implementation of new processes and ways of working. You will lead on strategy and policy under the direction of the Managing Director, Clinical Director and in conjunction with IVC Evidensia Referrals Clinical Division, to enable the service and Hospital to deliver IVCE business objectives. As Head of Service, you will also have commercial responsibilities and support the Managing and Clinical Directors in driving the overall performance of the hospital and building lasting positive relationships with the referring practices across the South East.
Duties will include:
- Being an advocate of the hospital and overall IVC Evidensia Referral Network, engaging with potential candidates through networking and recruitment events to complement our recruitment efforts.
- Being an ambassador for IVC Evidensia Values and embedding our company culture, ensuring co-operation and collaboration between the services.
- Develop a collaborative culture within your discipline, harnessing individual expertise and experience to ensure a motivated and productive team.
- Regular meetings with Senior Management, all heads of service and Nurse Managers to ensure that clinical standards are being maintained and group policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Work with the Nurse Management team to deliver a cohesive and client focused service where we are united to provide a high standard of client and patient care across a 24/7 operation.
- Be proactive in spotting opportunities to drive performance, growth and efficiencies across the referral service.
- RCVS Registered or eligible
- RCVS, American or European Diplomate
- Previous experience of working in a multi discipline referral hospital
- Previous line management experience
- Commercial experienced in a Veterinary environment
- Management qualification/s
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business and investing in our people, teams and sites is at the heart of what we do. We offer a generous package and remuneration including:
- Welcome bonus of £15,000
- 7 weeks annual leave – Inclusive of bank holidays
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Clinical CPD allowance of £5000
- Leadership CPD allowance of £1000
- 2 weeks paid CPD leave
- Enhanced sick and family friendly policies
- Relocation Assistance
We are located in Buckinghamshire, with excellent transport links: close to the M40, we are 20 miles from Heathrow airport and Central London is 26 minutes by train. The beautiful town of Marlow is 4 miles from the hospital and the local schools are highly regarded.
If you are a team player wishing to make a difference, who aspires to work in a fun and nurturing environment with professional support, development opportunities and a strong focus on employee wellbeing, then we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or to Kris Reilly, Referral Talent Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org