Neurology Nurse RVN
Department – Neurology
Type - Full Time and Part Time Considered
Do you want to take your nursing skills to the next level in a supportive learning environment, and learn how to provide exceptional patient care in our friendly referral team?
Our referral centre is undergoing a structured growth plan, and we are now seeking experienced RVNs to join our friendly and supportive Neurology team. Your career development is important to us, and we have unlimited opportunities available geared towards individual strengths and interests. Further qualifications encouraged and fully supported.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
Our Neurology RVN role provides the opportunity to spend time in the prep area, one of three theatres, wards and our Imaging suite which Includes a 16slice CT scanner, 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, Fluoroscopy Machine, Separate Radiography and Ultrasound room. You will see a wide variety of emergency and routine caseloads.
Your daily duties will include:
- Providing support to the neurology department and being a point of contact to clients under the care of the neurology department, including organising admits and discharges
- Providing nursing care and ensuring neurology patients receive gold standard care
- Maintaining resources required by the neurologists including equipment and stock
- Communicating with the floor co-ordinator to ensure smooth running of the neurology caseload
- Help train and support junior members of staff with neurology kit and equipment
- Preparing and monitoring patients undergoing investigations or surgery, as well as recovering patients and handing over to ward RVNs
- Pricing and paperwork, such as updating relevant SOPs and ensuring all treatments have been charged correctly
For the right person, we will provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience - Starting salary of up to £33k
- Relocation Package
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance and RCVS and BVNA fees paid
- Regular in-house CPD from our world renowned specialists
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits including monthly wellbeing allowance, pension scheme, retailer discounts, health cash plan and private healthcare contribution
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Regular team socials
If this sounds like the place for you, please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com