We are now seeking an experienced RVN to join our friendly and supportive team as a full time Night Nurse.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
Working a 4 night on/8 off rota, the role will include the nursing of referral inpatients and out of hours emergencies. This is a busy and varied role with lots of interesting cases and would suit an experienced, qualified veterinary nurse; referral nursing experience is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
The role will include:
- Nursing patients to a gold standard level in every discipline/ward on a rotation basis.
- Ensuring all questions and potential concerns are raised with the surgeon in charge.
- Communicating with clients regarding their animals care.
- Ensuring detailed handovers are given between the day and night teams.
- Complete handover documents in order to handover to the early ward team in the morning
- Listening to and supporting the ward co-ordinator in delivery of patient care.
- Recovering patients from sedation/anaesthesia.
- Using our in-house computer system to book discharge appointments, visits and clinician phone calls.
For the right person, we will provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience - £30-34k
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance and RCVS & BVNA fees paid
- In-house CPD from our world-renowned specialists
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- Wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare contribution and monthly wellbeing allowance
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
If this sounds like the place for you, please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com