Department – Theatre / Prep
Type - Full Time and Part Time Considered
Do you want to take your nursing skills to the next level in a supportive learning environment, and learn how to provide exceptional patient care in our friendly referral team?
Our referral centre is undergoing a structured growth plan, and we are now seeking experienced RVNs to join our friendly and supportive team. Your career development is important to us, and we have unlimited opportunities available geared towards individual strengths and interests. Further qualifications encouraged and fully supported.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
Our Theatre RVN role provides the opportunity to spend time in the prep area, one of three Theatres and our Imaging suite which Includes a 16slice CT scanner, 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, Fluoroscopy Machine, Separate Radiography and Ultrasound room.
You will see a wide variety of emergency and routine caseloads to include orthopaedic, neurology, soft tissue, internal medicine and oncology allowing you to develop your nursing skills in a multi disciplinary hospital environment.
Your daily duties will include:
- Liaising with Anaesthesia to implement individualised anaesthesia plans;
- Anaesthetic monitoring of referral procedures, sedations and patients undergoing diagnostic imaging;
- Assisting with pre and post op imaging;
- Assisting in the circulatory nurse role to ensure the efficient running of theatres to include patient preparation, positioning and surgical support alongside our team of auxillaries;
- Communicating post operative plans to the wards team and updating hospital sheets to include this information
Comments from current Theatre Nurses:
“What I love about my job as a theatre nurse is that no day is like the day before, due to the fantastic variety of exiting cases we can be a part of and the wide range of our role, plus every day I learn something new which helps me to become a better nurse!”
“I love working alongside the anaesthetists to be able to carry out nerve blocks or to watch them being done.”
For the right person, we will provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience - Starting salary of £30k
- Relocation Package
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance and RCVS and BVNA fees paid
- Working day to day with our amazing anaesthetists
- Regular in-house CPD from our world renowned specialists
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits including monthly wellbeing allowance, pension scheme and private healthcare contribution
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Regular team socials
If this sounds like the place for you, please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com