Ward Nurse RVN
Department – Wards
Type – Full Time and Part Time considered
Ward Nurse RVN Vacancy, starting salary £31.8k, relocation package
Do you want to take your nursing skills to the next level in a supportive learning environment, and learn how to provide exceptional patient care in our friendly referral team?
You will be based in our state-of-the-art kennels and cat ward, nursing orthopaedic, neurological, soft tissue, oncology and internal medicine patients.
Your role will include communicating with the clinical team and discipline specific specialists. to ensure high quality care, recovering patients from anaesthesia and nursing our inpatients.
Our referral centre is undergoing a structured growth plan. Your career development is important to us, and we have unlimited opportunities available geared towards individual strengths and interests. Further qualifications encouraged and fully supported.
Our core ethos here at HSR is based on appreciation of our staff. Curating and developing a friendly, close-knit team is an central part of our working environment. We feel strongly about our employees' right to enjoy work and develop rewarding careers. HSR holds frequent external and internal CPDs on multiple topics which are often nurse focused, held by our own Specialists and nurse practitioners.
Experience within a referral setting is preferred but not essential, as we have a structured 6 week induction mentoring programme combined with a 6 month training period designed to support all new nurses. We are also proud to offer central support via IVC’s ‘Introduction to Referral Nursing’ training modules, specifically designed for RVN’s moving from first opinion to referral.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable RVN who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
For the right person, we can provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience – starting salary of £31.8k
- 6.6 weeks annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays
- Relocation Package
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance and RCVS & BVNA fees paid
- Regular in-house CPD from our world renowned specialists and nurse practitioners
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health
- A wide range of employee benefits including cycle to work scheme, pension scheme and private healthcare
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Regular team socials
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this sounds like the place for you, please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com