Based in our state of the art kennels and cat ward, our Ward RVNs nurse orthopaedic, neurological, soft tissue, oncology and internal medicine patients.
As part of our structured growth plan we are now seeking experienced RVNs to join our passionate, friendly and supportive wards team. The role will be based in our state of the art kennels and cat ward, nursing orthopaedic, neurological, soft tissue, oncology and internal medicine patients.
The role will include:
- Nursing patients to a gold standard level in every discipline/ward on a rotation basis.
- Ensuring all questions and potential concerns are raised with the surgeon in charge.
- Communicating with clients regarding their animals care.
- Ensuring detailed handovers are given between teams.
- Listening to and supporting the ward co-ordinator in delivery of patient care.
- Recovering patients from sedation/anaesthesia.
- Discharging patients back to owners, going through medication and discharge instructions.
- Using our in-house computer system to book discharge appointments, visits and clinician phone calls.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
For the right person, we will provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance and RCVS & BVNA fees paid
- Working daily with renowned anaesthetists and specialist surgeons
- Regular in-house CPD from our world renowned specialists
- A strong focus on employee well being and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- Wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare contribution, monthly wellbeing allowance, and twice weekly fresh fruit deliveries
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our vacancies are advertised to both internal and external applicants on multiple sites.
Applications are reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close any vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.