Internship - Neurology
Hamilton Specialist Referrals is a state-of-the-art, independent orthopaedic and neurology specialist referral hospital, five minutes from J4 of the M40, Buckinghamshire.
29 November 2019
Hamilton Specialist Referrals (HSR) is a state-of-the-art, independent orthopaedic and neurology specialist veterinary referral hospital. We offer the most cutting-edge investigations and treatments into orthopaedic and neurological disease in small animals and have on-site 1.5 Tesla MRI and CT. There is a strong focus on high quality patient care, professional development and staff wellbeing. Hamilton Specialist Referrals is currently in the process of setting up a neurology residency programme.
As part of our structured growth plan we are now seeking a Neurology Intern to join an existing team of interns and work alongside experienced Diplomates in Neurology. We are seeking highly motivated professionals, keen to develop their skills and expand their knowledge in a feel-good working environment. You will be involved in all aspects of clinical cases and will be supported by a highly-experienced nursing and rehabilitation team.
Applicants should have completed a previous internship or have equivalent clinical experience and be registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. You must have exceptional attention to detail, be a methodical worker and show outstanding client communication. You will receive clinical mentorship and we encourage active involvement in clinical research to assist with future residency applications.
If you are a team player wanting to make a difference, looking to work in a fun and nurturing environment with great training and development opportunities and a strong focus on employee well-being then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must. The role consists of varying shifts to suit the needs of a 365/24/7 hospital.
For the right people, we provide:
- Competitive salary (subject to qualifications and experience)
- Accommodation provided
- Professional memberships paid (relevant to role)
- 5 days CPD allowance and financial support for attending conferences
- Extensive training from some of the most prestigious European and RCVS Specialists in the country
- Monthly, free, in-house CPD from our world-renowned specialists
- MRI and CT training
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits including monthly wellbeing contribution
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
Located in modern facilities, Hamilton Specialist Referrals is based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, within easy reach of London, Oxford, the Chilterns and Cotswolds. The hospital is five minutes from the M40 and major airports. Find out more about the area at https/www.chilternsaonb.org to see how such a beautiful place can be so close to London!
If you would like to join our team of EBVS and RCVS specialists, and share our passion for delivering outstanding client care and clinical standards, then we would be pleased to hear from you. Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org