Day Nurse Auxiliary
An ideal role for someone looking for career progression in the veterinary industry
6 December 2019
Orthopaedics and Neurology
Hamilton Specialist Referrals (HSR) is a state-of-the-art, independent orthopaedic and neurology specialist veterinary referral hospital, five minutes from J4 of the M40, Buckinghamshire. We offer the most cutting-edge investigations and treatments into orthopaedic and neurological disease in small animals. As part of our structured growth plan we are now looking for a nurse auxiliary to join our friendly and supportive team.
If you are a team player wanting to make a difference, looking to work in a fun and nurturing environment with great training, development opportunities and a strong focus on employee well-being then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must. Experience of working in a veterinary environment is desirable, but not essential. The role consists of a 40-hour week with varying 8 hour shifts on a rota basis to cover Monday-Sunday, 7am-9pm.
Applicants must have a love of small animals and be confident and experienced in their handling. You must be a team player as our nurse auxiliaries play a key role in supporting our specialists, interns and nurses in the day to day running of our busy hospital. You must be willing and able to clean to high clinical standards to help maintain our high standards of infection control and be eager to assist the nurses with our in-patients’ care, exercise, feeding and hygiene too. Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
This role would be ideal for someone looking for career progression in the veterinary industry in a nurturing and fun environment.
For the right people, we provide:
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare, a monthly wellbeing allowance and twice weekly fresh fruit deliveries
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Regular team socials
- Private health care plan
- CPD Allowance
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- A welcoming, friendly and educational working environment
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and supportive team, please apply by emailing email@example.com