Neurology Practitioner RVN
Department – Neurology
Type - Full Time and Part Time Considered
Are you ready to take your next step in referral nursing? Do you want to be part of an expanding multi-disciplinary referral centre?
Hamilton Specialist Referrals (HSR) is a state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary specialist veterinary referral hospital. Equipped with all the latest diagnostic and surgical equipment, including onsite MRI & CT, our team of nurses work with industry leading recognised specialists and a team of interns. As part of our structured growth plan we are now seeking a Neurology Nurse Practitioner to join our passionate, friendly and supportive nursing and front of house team. The main responsibilities of the Neurology Nurse Practitioner include organising and ordering relevant stock, liaising with the neurology clinicians and assisting the floor co-ordinator in ensuring the cases move smoothly through their procedures. The role is ideally suited to someone who has neurology nursing experience and who is ready to take the next step up in their career!
If you are a team player wanting to make a difference, looking to work in a fun and nurturing environment with great training, development opportunities and a strong focus on employee well-being then we want to hear from you. We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
This role provides the opportunity to spend time in the prep area, one of three theatres, wards and our Imaging suite which Includes a 16slice CT scanner, 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, Fluoroscopy Machine, Separate Radiography and Ultrasound room. You will see a wide variety of emergency and routine caseloads.
Your daily duties will include:
- Providing support to the neurology department and being a point of contact to clients under the care of the neurology department, including organising admits and discharges
- Providing nursing care and ensuring neurology patients receive gold standard care
- Maintaining resources required by the neurologists including equipment and stock
- Communicating with the floor co-ordinator to ensure smooth running of the neurology caseload, and coordinating neurology cases
- Help train and support junior members of staff with neurology kit and equipment
- Preparing and monitoring patients undergoing investigations or surgery, as well as recovering patients and handing over to ward RVNs
- Pricing and paperwork, such as updating relevant SOPs and ensuring all treatments have been charged correctly
For the right person, we will provide:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience - Starting salary of up to £33k
- Relocation Package
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance and RCVS and BVNA fees paid
- Regular in-house CPD from our world renowned specialists
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits including monthly wellbeing allowance, pension scheme, retailer discounts, and private healthcare
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Regular team socials
If this sounds like the place for you, please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com