CT scan of Kobi's abdomen, showing the kebab stick
Kobi is a 1 year old English Bull Terrier who presented to Hamilton Specialist Referrals for further management of a body wall abscess. He was referred to our Soft Tissue department and was under the care of specialist Ben Mielke. Kobi was very sick on presentation and was showing signs of severe septic shock.
A CT scan of the abdomen revealed the cause of Kobi’s problem – a kebab stick had penetrated through the lining of stomach, passed through a section of the liver, and lodged in the abdominal wall. This had resulted in a large abdominal abscess and septic peritonitis – a potentially life-threatening condition.