As part of our structured growth plan we are now looking for a Veterinary Theatre Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team in assisting the nurse auxiliaries, kennel assistants, and ward nurses with their daily tasks.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must. Previous experience owning or looking after animals is essential.
This role is full time, covering 40 hours per week on a rota basis.
Experience in an animal care related role is desirable but not essential. You must be a team player as our Veterinary Theatre Assistants play a key role in supporting our specialists, interns and nurses in looking after our patients at our busy hospital. You must be willing and able to clean to high clinical standards to help maintain our high standards of infection control. Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Key duties include:
- Daily care of machinery
- Running laboratory samples
- Theatre cleaning and closing down
- Using the washer/autoclave to wash surgical instruments
- Patient handling and restraint
Please note, candidates must be able to work in the UK independently, as we are not able to offer visa sponsorship.
This role would be ideal for someone looking for career progression in the veterinary industry in a nurturing and fun environment.
For the right person, we will provide:
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management and performance coaches
- A wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare contributions, a health cash plan, weekly fruit deliveries, and a wellbeing allowance
- A nurturing, friendly and supportive working environment
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to our dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Regular team socials
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
If this sounds like the place for you, please apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com.