Do you have a passion for animal welfare and providing the highest standards of patient care? Are you looking to start a career within the veterinary industry, in a role that offers flexibility and development opportunities?
We are seeking a veterinary Night Nurse Auxiliary to join our friendly and supportive specialist-led team in assisting our clinical teams with their tasks and providing the highest level of care to our patients.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
Experience in an animal care assistant related role is essential. You must be a team player as our Nurse Auxiliaries play a vital role in supporting our specialists, interns and nurses in looking after our patients at our busy hospital. You must be willing and able to clean to high clinical standards to help maintain our high standards of infection control. Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Working a 4 night on/8 off rota, the role would include assisting with the nursing of referral inpatients and out of hours emergencies. This works out to 34 hours per week on average, leaving plenty of time for studies, or just to build a solid work-life balance.
Key duties include:
- Assisting with care of machinery and equipment
- Running laboratory samples
- Theatre cleaning and closing down
- Sterilising surgical instruments
- Patient handling and restraint
- Providing general care to all of our patients
- General cleaning within the clinical areas as needed
Please note, candidates must be able to work in the UK independently, as we are not able to offer visa sponsorship.
This role would be ideal for someone looking for career progression in the veterinary industry in a nurturing and fun environment.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary of up to £23,500 DOE, you will benefit from-
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with an industry-specific resilience coach, stress management and performance coaches
- Non-accidental injury support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Pawsome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100's of retailers
- Pension - 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.